Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Beauty of it all.



    When I think of beautiful things some things come to mind right away like these pictures of Glacier National Park they are pictures of Hidden lake up at Logan's Pass. I had the opportunity to go there this last summer and and take in the beauty and majesty of it all. The wonder of Gods creations never ceases to amaze me. It just makes me want to sing hymns like All Creatures of Our God and King (hymn #62 in the LDS hymn book) and How Great Thou Art (hymn #86 in the LDS hymn book) and shout praises to my Heavenly King. The whole thing is made even more amazing when you think that he knows all of his creations and knows them by name. He knows you, He knows me and knows every person on this earth by name. If he were to come to you or me, send and angel to come or speak by the power of his Holy Spirit He could and would call us by name he knows us personally.
    Just like how He knew and called a young Farm boy, Joseph Smith by name. Young Joseph was a boy who was just 14 years old when he became very concerned with his place in the universe of our Great Creator, his standing before Him and what he, Joseph, need to do to be saved in the Kingdom of God. Joseph searched and searched but he could not find answers in the religions of his day. The preachers and doctors of religion could not give him and answer so satisfy his young and starving soul. So he continued on and did as his parents had taught him and read his Bible and continued to search the scripture on his own occasionally he would ask a pastor or two what something meant but would get two different answers from two different pastors. But finally and mercifully he came across a scripture which pierced his heart. The scripture was James 1:5 which says that "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and ubraideth not and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith...". This one little scripture gave Joseph the direction to go and pray to our Father in Heaven and with the unwavering faith of a young boy he did just that and what followed was miraculous and comforting for the whole human family. Joseph Smith describes his experience like this:
   "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.  ...When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"
  How glorious, how marvelous, how transcendentally amazing, The Father and The Son came and answer a young boy's prayer. They called him by name did you catch that they used his name, The Father called him Joseph. That young boy went on and became Their prophet on the earth and under their direction reestablished Their church on the earth The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
  I know this to be true. I have received my witness from God through the wonderful Gift of the Holy Ghost. I know that God know each and every one of us and wants us all to return to Him. He has opened the Heavens again and you too can know that this is true by praying and asking him and then listening to what the Holy Ghost speaks to you heart and you will feel a warm and loving assurance that it is true and that God loves you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. Is it not Beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment